Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Last Days On Earth

Just outside Schafferstown, Pa.
Sunday afternoon in the not to distant past, a road trip. Unclear of the final destination, I pull into the local mini-mart. The conversation was enlightening.
 "Do you happen to know where there is an old distillery in the area?"
 "Nope, never heard of such a thing."
"Any chance any of the locals around here might know?"
"I doubt it, but come to think of it, there is Distillery Rd. about a half mile back. You probably drove right past it."
"Thanks, Genius"

Catch a quick glimpse before it is gone.

2 comments:

  1. ..or maybe Michter's? I feel like I've seen a picture of this place before. love the pics, btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Michter's and sadly now it is only a slab ofconcrete in the ground. All else is gone

    ReplyDelete